What a journey it has been! My team "Fight Like A Girl" crossed the finish line after walking/crawling/stumbling 60 km...it all seems like such a blur! Blisters notwithstanding, it truly was an incredible journey. The girls were amazing. Everyone really gelled and lended their strengths at different key times throughout the walk. A few of us struggled with some pretty impressive blisters (who knew you could get blisters UNDER your toenails) but I would highly recommend to anyone to participate in this incredible walk. LW and I are already committed to participate in next year's walk as part of the "sweep" brigade - picking up walkers along the route who need a little bit of help, but will be walking again in 2012!!!
Some tips for the next round:
1) always wash new socks before wearing them in the walk. (I wish I had known this beforehand!)
2) always pack a second pair of shoes.
3) if you get blisters, stop and have them taken care of immediately...don't let them get out of hand.
4) If you're camping over nite on site, bring a really good air mattress and invest in GOOD ear plugs!5) Have fun, trying to take in the moments - remember why you're doing the walk...
Here's some pics of the weekend...
The Survivors coming in at the end of Day 2
My poor feet at the end of the walk!

No comments:
Post a Comment